Its important to give your body a break from our bad habits and put the effort in to restore balance through nourishment. I love doing a cleanse at the change of each season keeping in mind the season your in and where you live to determine the type of cleanse you do. Even I get off of my health wagon and feel doing a cleanse is a great way to get back on track. Here is a simple cleanse you can do. Its simple, nourishing and supportive. Happy Cleansing! Enjoy!
- Mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, 1/4 tablespoon of honey with a cup of warm water drink daily
- Sip on warm water throughout the day, this stimulates detoxification of the lymphatic system
- Drink herbal tea’s to support detoxification (1part Dandelion Root, 1 part Burdock Root)
- Eat bitter greens like Dandelion Greens
- Drink 3Qts. of fresh spring water daily (can add organic fresh mint and organic sliced strawberries to make it taste yummy)
- Eat high quality vegetarian sources of protein
- Eat organic fresh fruit and veggies
- Avoid processed foods, all sugars, grains, alcohol, meat, caffeine, soy and dairy.
- Make a mixture of 1/2 lemon or lime, 1/2 orange juiced with 1/3 tsp. baking soda, drink 3x daily – helps to remove calcium phosphate from the body. (Thanks to Dr. Jubb for this recipe)
- Exercise – yoga is a wonderful way to twist and turn the body to help promote the detoxification process.
- Hot shower/cold rise, stimulates the detoxification process
- Meditate in the morning for 5-15 minutes, to help slow things down and get present with what is happening in your body, in your life.
- Turn off electronics – try minimizing the exposure to EMF’s by unplugging. Spend less time on the computer and phone.
- Dry Skin Brush before showering
- Use a Tongue Scraper
- Use 1 tbsp of Triphala powder in warm water first thing in the morning and in the evening. Triphala is a balancing formula used for detoxification and rejuvenation, often used in Ayurvedic cleansing.
- Oil your body with sesame or coconut oils.
- Take baths! Try a mixture of epsom salts, baking soda and aromatherapy of your choice. Epsom salt draws out toxins, supplies the body with magnesium and baking soda helps to clear and cleanse the aura & softens the water.
- Go to bed early! Try getting to bed by 10:00.